Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, May 21, 2010

Quote of the Day

You've got to say, I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it. It's called perseverance. Lee Iacocca


Do you want it bad enough?  I know I do! I finally got to a point in my life that enough was enough. I was done being the fat girl. I was done being frustrated with the simple things I couldn't do. I was done not looking cute in my clothes. I was done being unhealthy. Every day I choose to get up and do the best I can to make my body better and live my life to the fullest. 

I slacked off for a few months because I stopped seeing results. I was at the evil plateau that everyone reaches at some point in their weight loss journey. Instead of keeping on going I just stopped. I let life get in the way. Thankfully I was able to not GAIN weight but that's not the case for everyone. Looking back now. I wish I had never stopped, that I had never given up on myself. Now I'm stubborn LOL I know I can do anything. It maybe hard and it may be painful but until your body can't move anymore.. it can do way more than we give it credit for. The other day was proof of that. It takes such little time for your body to get used to these new things you are doing. When I started up with my trainer again in March I could barely do 5 mins on the stair climber and I wanted to DIE! On weds just 2 small months later I did 7 minutes and was talking (while breathing heavy, it wasn't THAT easy)! In March I could barely do 5 prison push ups (which are evil by the way). On Weds, again 2 mths later, I did 15. Your body knows what it's built to do. We just have to retrain it. Thankfully for us it's a quick learner ;)

2 comments:

  1. I agree if you set your mind to it and work at it, you can do whatever you decide. I had run 1 mile once in my life. It took me over 14 minutes and I thought I was going to die! I was 15. 14 years later I decided to take up running. When I started in March I ran 1 minute before I had to stop. Now here it is May I can run 40 minutes straight, get a mile done in 10 1/2 minutes, and I am running a 5K tomorrow. The 15-year-old me would have never believed it. The running has also taken 10 pounds with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay Camille! I'm so proud of you!
    I remember those horrible running days in high school. OY I'm still doing the 5k with you in June in some form! Hope I can keep up with ya ;)

    ReplyDelete