Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Now that we're caught up.. Week 3 Tues

 Alright we're caught up now and I hope to be able to blog daily so it is fresh in my memory.

Yesterday was a non workout day due to late start Mondays which interfere with kickboxing. So I just took the day off.

Today was a brand new day and a brand new butt kicking! We did more weight training but in new form. We did a few bicep curls with a normal hold and a wide grip. Then we did a circuit training (x2). Circuit training is quick but SO not easy! I got the easiest one to start with and then progressively got harder. Others started hard and went to easy (even though it wasn't easy when your arms are tired!).

Circuit one was a line of dumbbells ranging in size from 8lbs-25lbs. When you start (I started on 8) we did bent rows until  it was time to switch (about a minute). Then you moved to the next lighter weight or in my case.. the next station. Wall squats.. but not moving.. just sitting on the wall in squat form... for 3 rounds. OY! I'm surprised I could still stand up! The 3rd station was leg extensions. Yes after the squats then on to more bent rows. That was round 1. Then we did it again but of course we have to work out the left arm too!

Last part of the work out was the ball. I love the stability ball. I really do but man do my abs HURT! If you want a killer core work out use a ball! We worked every section of abs with a simple ball. Even the butt!

The best thing I can do is show you this video. It's similar to what we did.



To get the tops of those abs which can be difficult. Place one leg on the ball and one foot bent at the knee on the floor. Now take the hand opposite the leg on the ball and do a crunch up. touch the extended leg the other leg and down. The circular motion will really work those abs!!


This week's weigh in:
Weight: 233 4 more lbs gone!! 3lbs from my first goal

Measurements:

Upper Arms: 11.75
Chest: 42
Waist: 38
Abs: 44
Hips: 45
Thigh: 21
Lower Thigh: 15.5
Body Fat: 35.5%

Total inches lost. 6.5 inches and 1% body fat!

No comments:

Post a Comment