Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What do I eat?

I've had several people ask what I'm eating. Pre bootcamp I just followed portion control and watching what I eat and how much. I am a super picky eater and honestly most healthy foods make me want to gag LOL Now I try my best to follow our meal plan, but I still add in different things I like better but are still in calorie range and category.  I eat 6 meals a day. It seems like a lot but my body is getting used to eating that often and every 3 hrs I am starving! Here's a sample of what I eat in a typical good day.

Breakfast:

Carb       toast, cereal or a english muffin
Fruit        apple, peaches or mandarin oranges
Milk        sometimes if I don't want milk I combine it with fruit and have yogurt (dannon lite and fit is yummers and only 80 calories!)

Calories: 250-300

Snack 1
carb                  usually wheat thins, not big on rice cakes
protein              usually a cheese stick
fruit/vegetable   applesauce

Calories: 150 give or take a few

Lunch:

Carb                  whole wheat bread
Lean protein       usually turkey (on occasion I have ham, it's only 10 calories more and I never eat a full serving that's just too much meat for me!)
vegetable           lettuce (any kind will work)
Free foods         low fat mayo, mustard and salsa (not on the sandwich)
Carb                 baked tortilla chips

Calories: about 350

Snack 2:

Fruit:               fruit leather
lean protein     pb crackers or cottage cheese/cheese stick

Calories 100-200 depending on the day

Dinner:

Lean protein    baked chicken  (trust me I get chickened out!)
Carb               baked potato (or yam if you choose)     I can't believe it's not butter spray ROCKS! It's only 5 calories for 5 squirts
Veggie            suggested is broccoli, but if you're like me I don't do broccoli so I eat a salad (not just iceberg) or green beans. Any dark green veggie will do.

Calories: 370 ish

Snack 3

This varies from a cup of yogurt, a low fat pudding cup, a skinny cow ice cream sandwich, or a protein bar.

Calories: 80-150


Total Calories for the day 1400-1600

Hopefully this helps some of you who, like me, struggle with what to eat. It's a daily battle for me but I do my best! I drink water most of the day to avoid those extra calories from juice, milk and soda. Once you figure out the foods you like you can adjust the meals to fit you and still stay in calorie range. Sometimes it just means eating just 12 wheat thins and not the whole box ;)

1 comment:

  1. You rock, Shannon! I need to get back to eating more regularly instead of stuffing my face at night when cravings are killing me.

    ReplyDelete