Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Week 2

I've decided Marianne is ruthless. She does not let you slack. She lets you go at your own ablility but she expects you to do the best at your own ability! Pushes you to do just one more push up, or one more sit up. Monday was kickboxing again. Tues was hell.

Tuesday was more weight training. Marianne has us build muscle for the first 4 weeks with a lot of strength training to help burn more calories later on.

This weight training was stuff I had never done before. It is called slow resistance training. Instead of doing your reps as fast as you can you do them 4 counts up, 4 counts down, but few reps. Then you increase the time to 8 up/down, and 10 up/down. Brutal. I'm pretty sure I nearly dropped the bar a few times.
The difference is that the muscles are exhausted - brought to momentary muscle failure - in fewer repetitions (reps) - as low as 5 per set. The result - 50% more strength (muscle) built in 8-10 weeks.

Slow military push ups... torture. I got yelled at for not having enough weight on my bar during squats :| At this point in the game you want the MOST weight you can absolutely do in 4 or 5 reps. I started out at 25lbs and ended up doing 30lbs. Not a lot difference but I could totally tell the difference! I guess I'm stronger than I give myself credit for.

Next up was a killer core work out. I admit I'm not very good at working on my core because it's weak. This was done with partners. I feel bad for the lady I was with.. she was a least double my age and I'm pretty sure she hated me the next day LOL But I was impressed that she lasted just as long as me and worked just as hard. We passed weights back and forth, did sit ups together, and were ready to keel over dead after whittling our waists away.

Weds I had more strength training with my trainer at Gold's. This was thankfully not slow resistance and although difficult because I was sore was a great workout doing basic chest presses, seated rows, leg press, calf extensions and triceps extensions.

Thurs was more hell of slow resistance training and more core training and some band training. Basically Tues lather, rinse and repeat.

Friday was supposed to be my non work out day after 4 days straight. However, I got an unexpected 1 hr workout at work changing a pump nozzle and hose. That should be in the boot camp program! LOL

Tues weigh in: Weight 237 lbs 4lbs GONE!

Measurements
Upper Arm 11.75
Chest 42
Waist 39
Abs 46
Hips 46
Thigh 22
Lower Thigh 16
Body Fat 36.5%

Total inches lost: 7.25 inches!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment