Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, May 10, 2010

food.. love it and hate it!

I have a major love hate relationship with food. I LOVE food. Unfortunately it's not always the healthy foods that I love.  That's where the hate comes in, portion control, not always eating what I want whenever I want. But I just have to remind myself  how I got to 275.  I got there by eating whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted and as much as I wanted.

Marianna provides us a weekly menu for bootcamp that makes eating simple. Except for the fact that I want to gag at the thought of eating broccoli and I won't touch fish with a 10ft pole LOL. Eating is my challenge. I could work out for an hour or more every single day and love every minute of it. It's addicting to me and it's something I enjoy! But watching what I eat? OY! I hate it! What's worse? I work in a convenience store. It's a battle every day not to eat a chocolate dunford donut. It's challenge not to grab a snickers bar or a bag of chips. I do my best to bring my lunch/dinner and occasionally breakfast with me. But sometimes life goes so fast I run out of time. Thankfully there are some healthy options and we seem to get more all the time but it's definitely something I really have to think about. I'm pretty sure I tell myself 500 times a day. You don't really need a 500 calorie donut. 99% of the time it works. Thank goodness I get 2 cheat days a week for that other 1%!

What is your food challenge and  how do you overcome it?

1 comment:

  1. I love sweets. I know that there is NO WAY I am cutting them out, so everyday I allow myself 140 calories worth of whatever I want. I also don't eat after 8:00 so late night temptations are out.

    ReplyDelete